Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
I absolutely love pork tenderloin. It’s lean, it’s flavorful, and it turns out juicy and perfect every time! And, when you make our Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin, it’s also super easy to cook, too. The slow cooker takes care of all the heavy lifting, converting the tenderloin into perfection cooked, tender portions in just 6 hours on low. All you need to do is put the ingredients in the bowl and the dish will basically cook itself while you’re at work!
You would be hard pressed to find a pork dish that’s as tender as our Skinny Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin. While it does take an extra step and a little planning, marinating the tenderloin is a crucial step. It really infuses every bite with the savory mixture of juices and spices. In the end, you’ll have a mouth-watering dish that’s so tender you can cut it with a fork!
Pork Tenderloin Versus Pork Loin
When you go to the grocery store or your local butcher, you’ll find two products that sound similar but couldn’t be more different. Pork loin is a very large cut of meat, cut from the animal’s back. It has a layer of fat covering the top of the loin and you’ll find it at the store as a boneless or a bone-in roast. You might also find pork loin cut into steaks called pork chops.
Pork tenderloin, on the other hand, is a long, thin muscle that runs along the backbone. The store always sells it as a boneless cut because it doesn’t contain any bones! The cut is very lean with little to no fat content. That makes it one of the most tender, flavorful cuts of pork. Because it’s much smaller than the loin, the price is always much lower, too.
Depending on the recipe, you might be able to substitute one for another. Since this recipe uses a flavorful marinade to infuse deep flavor into the meat and we’re cooking it in the slow cooker, substitutions shouldn’t be a problem. If you do decide to use a pork loin, we would definitely recommend trimming the fat off the top of the loin. Our the nutritional information is based on a pork tenderloin, which doesn’t have a fat cap. If you don’t know how to do that, your butcher should be able to help you!
How To Serve Skinny Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
After you cook up our Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin, you have some choices to make. The meat is tender enough to shred, so you can pile it on top of your favorite bun or roll to make a pulled pork sandwich. The glaze would taste great on a sandwich, or you could swap-in our Skinny Ms Barbecue Sauce.
Another option is to slice the tenderloin. It’s cooked enough to be shreddable, but nice slices of pork tenderloin always look great on an entree plate! If you’re looking for ideas, you could serve it with a side of vegetables, over rice or quinoa, or with our Green Bean Casserole. This is definitely a recipe that the kids will be asking for again, so get ready to make it on the regular!
Servings: 6 | Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 74 mg | Sodium: 816 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 32 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1.5 – 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin
- 1 cup chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon Dijonmustard
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce, low sodium (optional Tamari or Bragg Liquid Amino)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Glaze: (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, or try BRAGG Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (recipe for ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large mixing bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Trim away all visible fat from tenderloin and discard. Cut tenderloin into 2” pieces and place in marinade, ensuring all sides are coated. Cover and allow tenderloin to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place tenderloin and marinade in slow cooker, cook on low 4-6 hours on low, or until it shreds easily with a fork. Remove from the slow cooker and place on a serving platter.
- To prepare glaze, add all ingredients to a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until desired thickness. Pour glaze over tenderloin.
Don’t miss the Top 10 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes on Skinny Ms and these recipes favorites: 7 Comfort Food Entrées Under 290 Calories. Ready for dessert recipes? Here are 5 Chocolate Treats Under 230 Calories.
If you’re interested in receiving our newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email, sign up for our newsletter here.