Gluten- Free Fresh Strawberry Cake
Yes, my Celiac sufferers we can enjoy this delightful cake, I already had posted a blog about regular Strawberry cake however it is very hard for Gluten sensitive patients to enjoy any type of cake or pastry. I decided from now on I will try to make any cake that I post and also revise the ones I already made and make them gluten-free; I know that most cakes or cookies that are gluten-free are no very moist or have taste to them; this particular recipe is all of that moist, delicious and your family will enjoy it as much as we did.
Gluten Free Fresh Strawberry cake with Whip Cream
A moist cake with sweet, juicy berries, and homemade whipped cream.
- For the cake:
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- For the strawberry filling:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or more, depending on how sweet your strawberries are)
- For the whipped cream:
- 1 pint heavy cream, well chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line three 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Step 3 Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, in a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Step 4 Add egg whites and vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture, milk, and yogurt. Beat until combined.
- Step 5 Beat on high for an additional 30 seconds.
- Step 6 Divide the batter evenly between the pans.
- Step 7 Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until lightly golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 8 Cool pans on racks for about ten minutes, then remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Step 9 For the strawberry filling:
- Step 10 Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside to allow the juices to release.
- Step 11 For the whipped cream:
- Step 12 Place the bowl and whisk attachment for your stand mixer or a metal or glass bowl and beaters for your hand mixer in the fridge or freezer until they are cold.
- Step 13 Add the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the chilled bowl, and beat on medium-high to high-speed until soft peaks form. Do not over beat.
- Step 14 Place one layer of the cake on a plate, and spread with about a half cup of the whipped cream. Layer on about half of the sliced strawberries.
- Step 15 Spread about another half cup of whipped cream on top of the strawberries.
- Step 16 Top with the second cake layer. Again top this cake layer with about a half cup of the whipped cream, the remaining berries and another half cup of whipped cream.
- Step 17 Top with the final cake layer, and spread the remaining whipped cream over the top and sides of the cake to cover completely.
- Step 18 Garnish with the whole and/or sliced strawberries, as desired.