Fresh Strawberries cake with whip cream frosting
Isn’t wonderful that summer is in full swing? and the benefits of the summer is all the wonderful fruits we can harvest, but as you know Strawberries are in full bloom. This delicious recipe is my ultimate favorite and the must cake for my birthday since I was a child. I hope that you can enjoy it with your family and find any celebration just to be able to enjoy it as much as we do.
Strawberry Cake with Whip Cream frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, cut into thick slices.
- 1/4 cup sugar for strawberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar for whipping cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Step 2 Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper & grease paper.
- Step 3 Sift dry ingredients onto wax paper & set aside. Combine buttermilk and vanilla set aside.
- Step 4 Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl for one minute.
- Step 5 Beat in egg whites one at a time – takes about a minute.
- Step 6 On low-speed, alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, ending with the flour.
- Step 7 Pour batter into pans and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Step 8 While cake is baking, put strawberries and sugar into a large bowl, stirring occasionally, mashing a little.
- Step 9 Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans to cooling rack.
- Step 10 Whip the cream with sugar until firm.
- Step 11 Layer half the berries & juices on bottom cake & cover with whipped cream.
- Step 12 Place the second cake layer on top and cover with remaining berries & their juice. Cover the whole cake with remaining cream. Keep refrigerated.